Research Through Making Exhibition + Gallery Talk
Research Through Making Faculty Presentations
Where: Ann Arbor, MI - 305. W. Liberty St
When: Thursday, March 22, 2012 - Saturday, April 07, 2012
The 2011 Research Through Making Faculty research grant recipients were announced by Dean Monica Ponce de Leon and awarded to Taubman College architecture faculty on April 1, 2011. Five grants were competitively awarded for the production of a research or creative project that is predicated on MAKING.
A public reception will be held on March 22, 2012, at Taubman College Liberty Research Annex with a gallery talk about the faculty about the research. Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
Research Through Making Presentations:
- Glass Cast, Catie Newell and Wes McGee
- HOUSE 50: Ruralopolitan Maneuvers, Mary-Ann Ray and Robert Mangurian
- Dirty Work, Neal Robinson
- Morphfaux… recovering plaster as architectural substrate, Steven Mankouche, Josh Bard, Matthew Schulte
- Resonant Chamber, Geoff Thun, Kathy Velikov and Wes McGee
The exhibit is open on Friday and Saturday, 2-7 p.m., through April 7, 2012.
Jurors included Melissa DeVos, B.S. '04, Grand Rapids, Mich. ArtPrize co-founder; Raymund Ryan, Pittsburgh's Heinz Architectural Center at the Carnegie Museum of Art; and Anne Rieselbach and Gregory Wessner Architectural League of New York Program Director and Architectural League of New York Exhibition Director, respectively.
For more: http://www.taubmancollege.umich.edu/rtm