What is the Taubman College Pathways program?
The mission of the Taubman College Pathways program is to create pathways to diversify the Taubman College student population and the fields of architecture and urban planning. Our goal is to expand the diversity of our College and disciplines in as many ways as possible, including but not limited to socioeconomic status, educational experiences, race/ethnicity, etc.
Who should participate in the Taubman College Pathways program?
Current non-University of Michigan-Ann Arbor undergraduate students and recent graduates who identify as 1st generation or low socioeconomic status are eligible to apply. We are particularly interested in students who want to explore attending Taubman College as graduate students.
What happens during Pathways week?
During Pathways Week, students get an opportunity to learn about Taubman College and the fields of architecture and urban planning. In addition, students will have the opportunity to visit and learn about Detroit and the work that Taubman College students engage in as part of their education.
The program runs in early January. In 2020, Pathways takes place from Tuesday, January 14 to Friday, January 17. Participants are expected to arrive on Monday, January 13.
What are the benefits* of participating in Taubman College Pathways?
Before the program begins:
- Tailored assistance for applying to Taubman College pre-TCP
During the program:
- Learn more about graduate programs in ARCH/URP/UD
- On-site resume review
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Explore UofM/Ann Arbor, and Metro Detroit
- Develop lasting connections with fellow participants and Taubman College affiliates
After the program has concluded:
- Application assistance for Taubman College academic programs for one year after TCP program completion
- Guidance throughout financial aid and scholarship application process
- Support in applying to Rackham’s Summer Research Opportunity Program
*These benefits are subject to change.
What does it cost?
The program is completely free to participants. This includes transportation, room, and food.
How do I apply?
Complete the participant application by November 18, 2019. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by the end of the month.
Taubman College students can apply to serve as student coordinators or volunteers by completing the coordinator application. The application deadline is Monday, October 7, 2019.
I have more questions!
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.