Dean Robert Fishman announces Research Through Planning Winners
As a result of the continued generosity of Alan and Cynthia Berkshire, Taubman College has created a new competitive research grant for urban and regional planning research, Research Through Planning.
This funding will help seed and support research expenses on significant urban research projects involving both faculty and students. Reports on the state of each project will be presented at a symposium in March 2017.
The winners are:
- Herman Kiefer Health Complex in Detroit - Harley Etienne
- Informal/Irregular/Illegal: The Production of Urban Land in the Mexico City Metropolitan Area - María Arquero de Alarcón, McLain Clutter
- Land Cover Mapping of Addis Ababa - Larissa Larsen
- Making It: Creative Incubators, Urban Regeneration, and the Gig Economy - Anya Sirota
- Overflowing the Courts: Housing and Environmental Disputes in the Face of Aggravated Floods and Increased Land Values in the City of Sao Paulo, Brazil - María Arquero de Alarcón, Ana Paula Pimentel Walker
- Planning History through a Gender Lens: Documenting the Scholarship and Careers of Feminist Planners - Scott Campbell, Ana Paula Pimentel Walker